TEACHER’S CERTIFICATE IN
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
The programme has been designed to provide practicing trainee educators with the relevant, skills and attitudes to support the child’s development and learning.
The aims of this programme are to:
- Develop in trainee educators an understanding of the basic principles and practices of teaching and learning at pre-primary level
- Equip the trainee educators with appropriate pedagogical knowledge, values and skills for effective teaching and learning process at pre-primary level.
- Enable trainee educators to create a stimulating learning environment and to nurture the pre-primary child’s natural desire to learn.
- Promote in the trainee educators the love and the joy of caring for the pre-primary school children.
- Equip trainee educators with the knowledge, values and skills that help promote self-confidence, self-esteem, motivation and eagerness to communicate, think and create.
- Help trainee educators to plan and implement the National Curriculum Framework.
Mauritius Institute of Education
View website for more information..