MBA IN IT ENTERPRISE MANAGEMENT (MBA-ITEM)
The MBA-ITEM has been conceived, designed and structured to address the specific needs of the IT industry and management professionals. It gives a unique opportunity to working professionals to learn, and apply the learning back to work in diverse business contexts.The programme primarily aims to prepare the students for industry by exposing them to the latest technologies and tools used in current business scenario whereby students learn to configure and map various business processes of the enterprise in an integrated manner so as to drive the enterprise towards improved productivity.
The main objectives of the programme are:
• To provide the most current and up-to-date executive general management education to IT professionals who seek to pursue a career in management.
• To prepare students to manage and lead in international business scenario which is getting increasingly complex and dynamic.
• To enable the students to transform from mere software professionals to software business analysts, leaders or consultants.
• To help the local IT industry grow into a global player providing professionals the bandwidth required to manage the company.
• To help enhance the competitiveness of the IT industry in terms of getting a better awareness and understanding of the concepts, tools and techniques.
• To inculcate knowledge for optimum utilization of IT tools in business.
An undergraduate degree with at least a Second Class or 50% (whichever is aplicable) or GPA not less than 2.5 out of 4 or equivalent from a recognised higher education institution or alternative qualifications acceptable to the University of Mauritius.