INSTALLATION AND TESTING OF THREE PHASE PROCESS CONTROL SYSTEMS
- Introduction to Single Phase and Three Phase Systems
- Level of voltages as defined under BS 7671:2008 – IEE Wiring Regulations (17th Edn.)
- Technical Definitions
- Protection for Safety as defined under BS 7671:2008 IEE Wiring Regulations. (17th Edn.)
- Types and Selection of Protective Devices – Fuses – Miniature Circuit Breakers – Moulded Case Circuit Breakers – Thermal Overload Relays – Motor Protection Circuit Breakers – Residual Current Devices – Smart Protective devices – Over/Under Voltage Protective devices
- Cable Sizing as defined under BS 7671:2008 – IEE Wiring Regulations(17th Edn.)
- Types and Selection of Contactors
- Three Phase loads – Star and Delta Configurations
- Three Phase Motors – Squirrel Cage Motors – Slip Ring Motors – Pole Changing ( Dahlander ) Motors
- Practical Exercises
- Three Phase Motor Starters – Direct on Line – Stator Resistance – Star Delta – Rotor Resistance
- Testing of Three Phase Systems – Phase Rotation Test – Insulation Tests – Continuity Tests on Protective Earth Conductors – Megger tests on Three Phase Motors – Troubleshooting skills Each of the above topic areas are back up by practical exercises during the course.
Several intakes per year depending on demand.
- The course is aimed at supervisors, maintenance managers, engineers & technicians and students who are interested in understanding three phase systems industrial control circuits. The course uses a ‘hands-on’ practical approach to reinforce the theoretical aspects of the training. Practical tasks on three phase motor starters are undertaken.