Certificate Of Proficiency In Early Childhood Education (For Pre-Primary Educators)
The Certificate of Proficiency in Early Childhood Education (in-service) training programme is an MIE initiative and is offered through a mixed mode, with Distance Education Training in major part. The programme comprises four compulsory areas of study;
1. Professional Studies
2. Curriculum Studies
3. School Based Experience
4. Project Study Write-up.
The programme aims at providing trainee pre primary educators with the knowledge, skills and practices that will ensure the proper development of the children as follows:
- A general knowledge on how to teach which is based on principles and skills that cut across areas of learning.
- A knowledge of the specific way that each part/area of development has to be taught.
- A sound curriculum knowledge of programmes and materials that make up the curriculum.
- A relevant and up-to-date knowledge of domains of development of the content.
- Knowledge of the use of the appropriate teaching/learning technology.
- Knowledge of learning how to learn (e.g. learning through self study materials).
Candidate must hold a certificate of an orientation/basic training Programme from a recognised/ registered institution/ agency in the related fields and is open for in-service pre-primary school teachers with at least 3 years of proven practice in a registered early childhood setting.