The LLB (Hons) Law, delivered and awarded by BPP University, will develop your skills, competency and knowledge in a practical context, whilst covering the principal elements of legal theory. Because the programme is delivered online with face to face support, you can study for a UK law degree here in Mauritius.
The programme focuses on UK law and will provide you with the essential knowledge and skills to equip you for the vocational stage of training and ultimately for practice as legal professional.
The LLB (Hons) Law is taught by experienced legal professionals and academics and made up of compulsory modules and a range of electives to enable you to tailor the programme to suit your professional goals.
What makes BPP University’s LLB (Hons) Law stand out?
- A degree designed specifically for students who cannot attend a BPP University study centre in the UK, but want to obtain a qualifying law degree at one of the top law schools in the UK
- Full online delivery of lectures, small group tutorials and associated online learning materials
- Access to programme leader team and academics through ‘Online Office Hours’ in an online classroom environment
- Exam sits take place three times a year
- Following successful completion of our LLB you can apply for our Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC)
- Enjoy quality teaching – many of our LLB tutors are trained barristers and lawyers
BPP University Law School has a wealth of experience in running academic and practical distance learning programmes and YK Business School has been supporting students with international qualifications since 2002.
The LLB (Hons) Law has been designed with specific features to help you through your study and you will be studying the same modules, using the same resources, being taught by the same tutors and being assessed and examined at the same time and in the same way as well as all other BPP University students. The only difference is that you will go to your tutorials and seminars through the door of your computer into a distance learning classroom rather than entering through the door of a physical class room.
BPP University has endorsed the support provided by YKBS who work closely with BPP University to ensure that you are able to make the most of your studies and to improve your chances of success and completion of the LLB (Hons) Law [Distance Learning] programme. The support YKBS is able to offer includes:
- A Study Centre with wi-fi, private study area, IT facilities and library;
- Pastoral support; and
- Support classes to help you prepare for your online classes with BPPU and to consolidate your knowledge and skills.
1. Successful completion of • BPP University Certificate of Higher Education (Legal Studies) which will exempt students from Level 4 of this programme, OR • Successful completion of BPP University LLB (Hons) Admissions Test, OR • 260 UCAS Points at GCE A Level or Equivalent as approved by BPP University. 2. IELTS 6.5 with a minimum 6.0 at each level or other equivalent BPP University recognized SELT demonstrated fluency in English through: • The applicants final five years of secondary schooling being taught and assessed in English and leading to successfully completing GCE A Level or IB qualifications, OR • Passing a BPP SELT such as the Oxford Placement test at IELTS 6.5 equivalent, OR • Passing an examination equivalent to the satisfaction of BPP University to GCE/GCSE English Language at Grade C or above, OR • Successful completion of an English for Academic Purposes module as part of successful completion of a foundation programme for entry to a UK based Higher Education Institution.