The Indian education system has conquered a strong position in international circuit. India is a popular destination for higher education amongst foreign students as the country has an unparalleled variety of academic courses. A large number of students fly to India every year from all corners of the globe to satisfy their desire for learning more. Studying in India, the second largest higher education network in the World is an enriching experience in itself.
Indian academic institutions provide low cost study as compared to Europe and America including course fees, accommodation, food and other facilities such as beauty treatments, clothes, alcohol etc.
Visa RequirementsAs per the Indian High Commission’s website, please find below the student visa requirement:
- Passport (with minimum 6 months validity)
- Filled in Application form (in block capital letters)
- Two recent photographs (one affixed on the application and other to be attached)
- Confirmed air booking for onward and return journey
- Provisional proof of admission / eligibility certificate from the concerned educational institution recognised / approved by theGovernment of India
- Letter from bank certifying to the financial means of parent / guardian to meet the expenses in India
Cost of living
- Students are not permitted to work while studying in India.
- Prices differ from your location and university enrolled
- Please check with your university for an accurate description of the cost of living
High Commission of India, Mauritius :
6th Floor, L.I.C Building, President John Kennedy Street, P.O Box 162, Port Louis
Telephone: (230) 208 3775/76
(230) 208 0031
(230) 211 1400
Fax: (230) 208 8891
Mauritius High Commission, New Delhi:
EP-41 Jesus & Mary Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021
Telephone: 02091 11 24102161 ; 02091 11 24102162 ; 02091 11 24102163 (CS to High Commissioner) ; 02091 11 26115950 (Gate)
Fax: 02091 11 24102194
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org